Friday, March 26, 2010

How to deal with that guy.

We've all ran into that guy. You know the one in your heroic that drives everyone up the wall or the guy that shows up and you're not even sure knows what game he's playing. How do you deal when you just want to get in and out of Heroic Halls of Stone as fast as possible and every DPS in your group is bashing their heads against the unsmashable wall of 1k DPS?

It's simple, find an outlet. Yeah, all my characters are overgeared for heroics, I go in for frost or for offset pieces. My druid can't use triumph for anything other than epic gems and buying hodir rep things since I like having exalted factions.

If you've got a group filled with bad DPS, instead of berating them in chat which in turn will make the run take longer. Instead if you're in a guild link the meters in Gchat and play guess the tank. Are you laughing at their expense? Yes. Are you actively making their time worse? No. You're run won't take any longer and you'll save some sanity.

And yes some people will say that it's important that we try and teach people how to improve their DPS. I've tried, I've made recommendations on specs, websites to visit, simple things such as "You're a DK why in the holy hells are you gemming spirit!?!?".1 in 10 I'll get someone that will listen however most of the time I get blind rage for suggesting this because "It's their 15 dollars and they'll play how they want to." So I rag on them in guild chat.

For those that say heroics are for these people, well they are but until Blizzard stops giving out 2 frost for doing a random dungeon each day I'll keep heading in there.

And frankly me linking meters in guild chat and giggling is a heck of a lot better than taking that bile to party.

So find an outlet, realize that in the end it is just a game, that yelling at any random DPS to "improve" will not cause any noticeable shift in the next ten minutes and just do what you can control.

No comments:

Post a Comment