Saturday, March 20, 2010

Who is this? You don't even...

An introduction is a goofy thing. Especially on a blog, it's a lot easier to simply start rambling on about what ever has particularly captured my interest that day while subsequently sticking my fingers in my ears yelling "Lalalala they don't need to check your credibility you're just that damn awesome."

However, that of course is the case as attempting to blog without people having a clue you are is probably not the best way to feed one's ego. So in the effort of making this as simple and ramble free as possible I'm stealing something from The Physician's Log who I believe used it as part of her own introduction.

What are the names, races, class and spec that I play: To condense space I'll keep it to 80s.

Lefin the Tauren Restoration Druid. He's my gameplay main, I raid on him only except for the occasional pug on my other's he's the character I hold the GM position on in and he's been my "main" since the end of BC.

Traestus the Blood Elf Fire/Arcane Mage: Probably my favorite character, I use him mostly for RP and general dicking around. Even with arcane being the "dominant raid spec" I still love fire spec. Hell it's what I named this blog after. I mean I certainly don't yell that after putting Living Bomb on everything in sight in heroics.

Anira the Blood Elf Beast Mastery / Survival Hunter: She started as a Draenei, the character that brought me to The Scryers. I do love playing her still, huntering is insanely fun and Omnomnomsaur the devilsaur is the greatest pet in existence. I do miss being a Draenei and having an alliance toon so that lead me to faction xfer my paladin to create

Taèlan the Draenei Retribution / Holy Paladin: Originally a Blood Elf I faction xferred her so that I could have an alliance toon and enjoy what's on the other side of the fence. I also like how while on her I'm more of an unknown quantity instead of having the reputation attached to my guild and my name that follows me horde side. It's a very different experience.

What server do I play on?: The Scryers, PST, RP server. Very laid back, called the "Florida" of WoW servers because of it's very casual almost retirement home esque speed.

What guild do I run?: <Dust>, considered by some to be the scourge of the Scryers it is one of the most if not the most known guild on the Scryers. Whether it be Saint Patty's Day AH and Bank massacres in Stormwind. Or finding people in horde trade chat having arguements about us in which we have people defending us and attacking us without any guildies being on to start the fight. It's rather interesting watching the rather...visceral reaction the name can provoke in some people.

Worst nickname I have: Yes. My guildmates call me Tiffany, I am male. I respond to this. I do not know why. Even when Traestus was being called muffin for a bit in RP it is not as bad as the fact that I respond to Tiffany without thinking now. Pavlov you're a bastard.

What I plan to do with this blog: I have no idea. Yes this question was cheating to increase word count. Because I measure my worth as a human being by that.

Well last question as I'm running out of relevant things...how did I get into WoW:

Sophomore year in high school I had a group of friends, that were really getting hyped about this game called WoW. I had played the Warcraft RTS's so I didn't really "get" what WoW was. Of course I was also a sheep and bought it because they were mostly. And then...well basically there was life as normal for a bit after that. Then there was the night I was leveling my first character a troll Rogue named Therason. I was in the Barrens, it was night. I had just killed a Savannah Prowler and it dropped a green cloak. I looted the item and looked up. The sky had shifted to night and the stars were out twinkling. I looked around watching the animals mill about the Barrens night and like that...I was hooked. Five years later, endless amounts of time invested into this game I can say safely one thing.

It has all been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment